Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Maldives

Since before we were married I have wanted (and begged) Derek to take me to the Maldives.  We looked into going several times but it was cost and time prohibitive.  From Texas it would have taken 30+ hours to get there and with only 10 days of vacation at the time it seemed nearly impossible.  Once I knew we were moving to Singapore I knew it was closer to the Maldives so I started to research and found Singapore Airlines flies a 4.5 hour direct flight to Male.  I convinced Derek that we would never live this close to it again so we had to take the opportunity and go.  It just so happened the timing worked out perfectly to make this our Babymoon!

When it comes to the Maldives there are a lot of options for resorts.  We went to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico a few years ago and loved not having to worry about how much that drink or dinner cost.  For this reason we sought out the all-inclusive resorts and settled on the Constance Moofushi.  It was absolutely spectacular!  I really think it would be hard to not enjoy yourself in a place that is that breathtakingly beautiful.  I think I told Derek every day "I can't believe we are here".  We spent our days sleeping in, lounging on our patio, napping, reading, snorkeling, and swimming.  It was so relaxing and just what we needed before Baby Mrozik is here!

When we landed in Male, we were ushered to the seaplane terminal to catch our flight to our resort.  Almost every resort is it's own separate island and many can only be reached by seaplane.  Riding in the seaplane itself was a great experience!

Derek waiting for our plane 
The city of Male.  The airport was actually located on a nearby island.
One of the resorts closer to Male.  Our resort looked similar to this. 

Beautiful views of reefs and lagoons during the flight.
We were given a warm welcome at the resort by the staff and quickly shown to our water villa.  It was utter paradise!
The pathway to our villa which was all the way at the end.
Our beautiful view!
Villa #77
View of the beach as we walked to lunch.
One of the many peaceful views from the restaurants.





 I had prepared everything to make our announcement that we were expecting and took Derek on a little photo shoot.  I managed to take all of these photos myself with the help of a gorilla pod, self-timer, and remote.  These are a few of my favorites.






The resort had a fantastic reef that we enjoyed exploring!  We also went out on a short snorkel excursion to a reef about 20 minutes away.  It was my first time really snorkeling and I loved it!  They had an excursion to swim with whalesharks but unfortunately not during the days we were there.







At the end of one of the docks they would leave some fish for you to feed the stingrays at night.  Derek decided to give it a try.



We thoroughly enjoyed our five days in paradise!  Hopefully we will be able to return one day.  It was everything I had hoped it would be and more.  Perfect vacation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment